Jenni-Elina von Bagh’s solo performance A Prologue explores the relationship between the multi-layered body and the about-to-happen, the unknown.
A Prologue probes what it feels like to live in this time, how the present confusion and the state of the world are connected to art, dance, our bodies and our senses. What is the moment right before the moment? It resonates with contemporary philosophical thinking that argues that the power of life permeates death, life, human and non-human.
Jenni-Elina von Bagh is a choreographer-performer. In her works she plays with falling between categories, organic and non-organic life and posthuman themes. She works with body, text and voice as a part of compositional play. She carved a remarkable international career for herself as a dancer before graduating with an MA in choreography from Uniarts Helsinki’s Theatre Academy (TeaK).
von Bagh’s latest works as a choreographer are A Prologue (Zodiak – The Center for New Dance, 2020), Living Documents (MDT Stockholm/Vienna), and Posthuman days (Zodiak – The Center for New Dance, 2018). For the period 2020–2022, von Bagh is being supported with a three-year artistic working grant awarded by the Art Promotion Centre Finland.
- Choreography and On Stage: Jenni-Elina von Bagh
- Scenography and Costume Design: Ingvill Fossheim
- Light Design: Ina Niemelä
- Sound Design and Composition: Tom Lönnqvist
- Realization of Sound Collaboration: Johannes Vartola
- Dramaturge: Otto Sandqvist
- Corporeal Assistant: Virpi Nieminen
- Mentor: Maija Hirvanen
- Production: Zodiak- Centre for New Dance and Jenni-Elina von Bagh, Residences: Ehkä Production and Teisko radicalization
- Supporters: Art Promotion Centre Finland, Zodiak- Centre for New Dance
- Premiere year: 2020
- Duration: 50-55 min
- Audience: Adults, Youth
- Stage dimensions: 12 m x 12 m x 5 m, The performace -area between the seats: 6.6 m x 10,5 m x 5 m
- Trailer: Watch here
- Technical rider: Download rider