“It sounds like my old fridge, but it helps me think about life and to fall asleep.” (Anonymous comment)
The dance performance ÉLIANE unfolds Éliane Radigue’s composition I’Île Re-sonante as a bodily landscape, in dialogue with Radigue’s thinking. It invites us to think about our place in the world and in the cycle of nature, our relationship with ourselves and with each other, and being in the world. It invites you to ask for change.
The work is a collaboration between Teemu Mäki and Maija Nurmio. The dancers in the piece are Jonna Eiskonen and Maija Karhunen, in addition to Nurmio. The work is brought to light by Olivia Pohjola. ÉLIANE is the first collaborative work of the group.
- Direction Teemu Mäki & Maija Nurmio
- Choreography Maija Nurmio
- Dance Jonna Eiskonen, Maija Karhunen & Maija Nurmio
- Music Éliane Radigue, I’Île Re-sonante (2000)
- Text and Video Teemu Mäki
- Voices Henni Kiri, Teemu Mäki, Olivia Pohjola
- Production Henni Kiri & Maija Nurmio
- Supporters Kone Foundation, The Finnish Cultural Foundation, Arts Promotion Centre Finland and TelepART
- Premiere year 2020
- Duration 75 min
- Audience Adults, Youth
- Stage dimensions 10x7x4