GLG is a surrealistic journey where two people collide, entwine with and let go of boundaries of their own, each other's and the surrounding world. Precariously balancing in the midst of the twists and turns of humanity the performance takes the viewer towards an unknown destination, where influences from visual arts, contemporary dance and circus meld together to create new meanings layer by layer.
We are Riia Kivimäki and Saku Mäkelä, Helsinki-based circus- and dance artists.
2018 we established RISA as a platform for our own artistic work. Together we have created and developed a new kind of movement language of partnering, that combines pairacrobatics and dance in a unique way. In our work we want to break existing rules and limitations of genres. Our works rises from our time and reflects the state of our world, aiming to connect with all people.
- Concept, Choreographers and performers Riia Kivimäki & Saku Mäkelä
- Lighting design Jukka Huitila
- Sound design Sami Tammela
- Costume and Set design Riia Kivimäki & Saku Mäkelä
- Costume and Set design consultation Elina Kolehmainen
- Costume and Set implementation Outi Lehto, Riia Kivimäki & Saku Mäkelä
- Dramaturge Jarkko Lehmus
- Production GLG in Co-production with Cirko – Center for New Circus.
- Supporters La Briqueterie – CDCN Val-de-Marne and Tectis Oy
- Premiere year 2022
- Duration 40
- Audience Adults, Youth
- Stage dimensions 7x9x5