A SciFi-inspired cinematic journey of ultraphysical circus – this fascinating futuristic dream pulls you into another dimension.
O'DD is an adventure story of humanity in the guts of gravity. It plays with the laws of physics until they bend and break. Unknown threats collide with acrobatics beyond imagination. O'DD is a new kind of direction for contemporary circus, and a bold continuum to the company's hit shows like Petit Mal and Super Sunday.
‘Dahlberg's brilliant cosmos is sparkling – the soundscape-space-odyssey with sound artist Miro Mantere is a monolith of skill and play... [representing] visionary circus art.’ (Kaleva, 2020)
Race Horse Company is one of the leading internationally touring Finnish performing arts companies. Its uncompromising rough-and-ready performances are based on strong acrobatic skills, the aesthetics of chaos, dark humour and surprise.
Trampoline wizard Rauli Dahlberg is joined on stage by musician Miro Mantere, a pioneer of live-looping, whose unique compositions inspire improvisation and the imagination. Jarkko Mandelin, the award winning artistic director of Kinetic Orchestra, connects the worlds of circus and dance as co-choreographer. Lighting designer Jere Mönkkönen works with several top performing arts companies, such as WHS.
- Script, Direction: Rauli Dahlberg
- Sound Design and Music: Miro Mantere
- Light Design: Jere Mönkkönen
- Assistant Choreographer: Jarkko Mandelin
- Set Design: Rauli Dahlberg, Jere Mönkkönen
- Rigging: Eero Alava
- Costume Design: Tiina Valve
- Production: Race Horse Company
- Supporters: Espoo City Theatre, Finnish Cultural Foundation, Alfred Kordelin Foundation, Kone Foundation, Samuel Huber Foundation
- Premiere year: 2020
- Duration: 55 min
- Audience: Adults, Youth (12y+)
- Stage dimensions: 10m x 10m x 7m
- Technical rider: Download rider