This multidiciplinary adaptation of Shakespeare's classic is a coproduction of Tero Saarinen Company and Tampereen Työväen Teatteri.
Combining dance, theatre and circus, Macbeth brings the eternal themes of ambition, power, corruption and guilt to our own times, questioning also the gender roles of the original play. Although the premiere season will take place in Helsinki and Tampere, the production is planned and meant also for international touring.
Tero Saarinen Company creates, performs, and teaches powerful and engaging contemporary dance. Founded in 1996, The Company has toured at leading venues in 40 countries on all continents. Three yearly seasons at Dance House Helsinki feature new works by Tero Saarinen and other choreographers along with international guest performances and the group’s own classics.
Tampereen Työväen Teatteri is a modern professional theatre with roots in the workers’ theatre tradition. Founded in 1901, it is one of the national stages of Finland and also one of the biggest theatres in the country. Tampereen Työväen Teatteri cherishes and renews Finnish theatre and produces high quality performances with bold and diverse selections of repertoire.
- Choreography and concept Tero Saarinen
- Direction Tero Saarinen and Otso Kautto
- Music Marko Nyberg
- Adaptation of William Shakespeare's original text Michael Baran
- Lighting and set design Mikki Kunttu
- Costume design Samu-Jussi Koski
- Choreographer's Assistant Satu Halttunen
- Performers Misa Lommi, Saska Pulkkinen and other TSC dancers and TTT actors (names tbc) and juggler Emil Dahl (Sweden)
- Production TSC (Tero Saarinen Company) & TTT (Tampereen Työväen Teatteri)
- Premiere year 2024
- Duration ca. 90 min
- Audience Adults