Saara Turunen is presenting her 'Room Trilogy'. It consist of three stage productions dealing with social norms: The Phantom of Normality (2016), Medusa’s Room (2019) and The Grapes of Reason (2022).
All parts of the trilogy are individual. They have only a few words but more fragments, scenes, and images that leave room for the spectator’s own imagination.
Saara Turunen is an internationally acclaimed and award-winning author, playwright and director. Many of her works examine the themes of art, identity and social norms. Turunen is known for her three highly acclaimed novels, Irrational Things 2021, The Bystander 2018 and Love/Monster 2015, as well as for her work in theatre. Her plays have been translated into several languages and they’ve been performed around the world. Turunen has been awarded amongst others with the Lea Award (2020) for the best play of the year (Medusa's Room), Thalia Award (2017) and Finland Prize (2016). Turunen Company was founded in 2018 to promote and internationalize Saara Turunen's stage productions.
- Written and directed Saara Turunen
- On stage (The Grapes of Reason) Pirkko Hämäläinen, Katja Küttner, Anssi Niemi, Ylermi Rajamaa & Kreeta Salminen
- Sound design (The Grapes of Reason) Tuuli Kyttälä
- Set design (The Grapes of Reason) Milja Aho
- Light design (The Grapes of Reason) Ada Halonen
- Costume design (The Grapes of Reason) Roosa Marttiini
- Choreography (The Grapes of Reason) Janina Rajakangas
- Production Turunen Company / original stage productions by Q-teatteri
- Supporters TAIKE - Arts promotion center, Finnish Cultural Foundation
- Premiere year 2022
- Duration 90 min
- Audience Adults, Youth
- Stage dimensions 11x8x4.4