Pipsa Lonka's neljän päivän läheisyys (sky every day) explores the coexistence of humans and seagulls at a seaside resort over four days. In sky every day the stage reveals a seaside landscape where the intersection of nature and culture is explored from both near and far. The narration of this peculiarly comical and audiovisually holistic work is driven by documentary video and sound, alongside the space, light, and music of the performance. sky every day also includes Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho’s piece Cloud trio (2009), which is performed live by the Avanti! Chamber Orchestra.
WAUHAUS is a Helsinki-based multidisciplinary arts collective. The works of
WAUHAUS are situated between different genres of art and take place at various venues from small black box theatres to urban sites, large stadiums, and the main stages of established theatre houses. The members of W A U H A U S are scenographer Laura Haapakangas, director Juni Klein, scenographer Samuli Laine, sound designer Jussi Matikainen, choreographer Jarkko Partanen, new media artist Jani-Matti Salo, sound designer Heidi Soidinsalo and producer Julia Hovi. WAUHAUS is known for their comprehensive audiovisual stage aesthetics and methods of shared authorship. The collective collaborates with other artists and institutions both in Finland and abroad.
- Directing & design Laura Haapakangas, Juni Klein, Jani-Matti Salo, and Heidi Soidinsalo
- Cinematographer Jonatan Sundström
- Performers Salla Loper and Avanti! Chamber Orchestra
- Producers Julia Hovi & Anna Jääskeläinen
- technical producers Tomi Flyckt & Antti Kivikoski
- Production WAUHAUS & Espoo City Theatre
- Supporters Kone Foundation, The Finnish Cultural Foundation, Uudet Klassikot – Nya klassiker fund, Arts Promotion Centre Finland, Theatre Info Finland, Svenska kulturfonden
- Premiere year 2023
- Duration 90
- Audience Adults, Youth