something like this is a performance that looks at the possibilities of the stage and hip-hop culture to serve as a platform for telling diverse stories, taking over space, empowerment and communality. In this work aimed at young people, four street dance background performers meet on stage. A rich whole is built from a simple starting point, where the scenes are constructed in front of the viewers' eyes. Performers from diverse backgrounds dance, tell stories and have fun - together. There is room for many kinds of stories on this stage.
something like this turns the stage into a dance floor where many different stories, identities and ways of doing things can meet. Together with the viewers, the work asks: How should a performance be viewed or experienced, how does dance or movement move from one body to another, what kinds of things can be told through dance or movement? What is a communal dramaturgy like?
- Concept and Direction Sonya Lindfors
- Choreography Sonya Lindfors & working group
- Sound Design Sebastian Kurtén
- Lighting Design Erno Aaltonen
- Performer Sophia Wekesa, Akim Bakhtaoui, Ramona Panula and Linda Ilves
- Production Zodiak - Center for New Dance
- Premiere year 2023
- Duration 40
- Audience Adults, 14+